- Garlic spray: make up your own (see below) or buy some
- Pyrethrum: This is readily available commercially, though one additive to the spray, piperonyl butoxide, is not accepted as organic....Or you can make your own.
- Derris powder
- Sulfur preparations (do not use in hot weather)
- Mineral oil sprays (make up your own: see below)
- “Dipel” or “Success”: Biological control of caterpillars.
Over at justlikemynanmade, nellymary writes about putting up Dak pots to distract fruit-fly from her fruit trees....after attending one of my classes.
Set up DAK Pots about 2 - meters from your fruit trees to deter FruitFly , use soft-drink bottles and add Vegemite, Sugar & Water. The male fly will hang around the DAK pot trap, and get tired and drown....The female can only lay eggs in your fruit if she is mated....So if all the males are hanging out at DAK City....there's no hanky panky and egg laying. OR Molasses, Water & 2 coffee beans..one lady in the class suggested this recipe as the female is attracted to the coffee (Thanks Sonia).....I'm going to try both and watch closely.
Garlic Spray recipe as a general insecticide
Snails and Slugs
IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTE....